Ludum Dare Post Mortem
Ludum Dare 28 was the first Ludum Dare I’ve ever attended. I always wanted to participate to this game jam. I built something in 48 hours, specifically a video game about choice, a hostile environment, and lack of resources.
Follow the link to play “Loop Desert”.
What went right
- I finished the game!
- I enjoyed using Crafty.js (game engine). Huge thanks to @starwed and @kevinsimper, two of the most prolific Crafty.js contributors.
- I was able to come up with a reasonable game design quickly.
What went wrong
- I used pixel art as I’m not an artist and it was the only way for me to get the job done in 48 hours.
- I didn’t publish anything (posts, timelapse) during development because I couldn’t manage to both code and be social.
- I wasn’t able to work enough on music and sound effects.
Note: I made this game at H-Farm, one of the official gatherings of the jam, the only one in Italy. Thanks to Hackatron for the event organization.