The 28th Ludum Dare has been the first for me. I really wanted to attend this game jam and now I did and this is the first huge win for me. I built something in 48 hours, specifically a video game about choice, a hostile environment, and lack of resources.
Don’t forget to play
and rate “Loop Desert”.
What went right
- I finished the game!
- I loved to use the Crafty.js engine as the main tool to develop the game, I would thank for this @starwed and @kevinsimper two of the most productive Crafty.js contributors.
- I was happy with the final concept and I conceived it quickly enough.
What went wrong
- I used pixel art as I’m not an artist and it was the only way for me to get the job done in 48 hours.
- I didn’t publish anything (posts, timelapse) during development because I can’t manage coding and sharing together.
- I would have done more work on music and sound effects but I hadn’t enough time.
Note: I made this game at H-Farm, one of the official gatherings of the jam, the only one in Italy. I’d like to thank Hackatron for the organization of the event, great job guys.
Originally published at http://ludumdare.com/compo/2013/12/20/loop-desert-post-mortem/.